HIBISCUS TEA LOVES YOU...
Hello friend, fancy a cup of Hibiscus Sabdariffa? Did you even know that these large and vividly colored flowers make the most delicious tea? Hibiscus is much loved for its bright red colour and tart tangy taste.
Sweet and sour tastes, together, are well known in Ayurvedic medicine to have a calming effect on people experiencing nervous system stress. Hibiscus has conclusively been studied for its medicinal benefits. The effect it has on lowering high lipids and high blood-sugar levels have been journaled around the world.
This delicious and medicinal herb has recently gained ‘Super-Flower Status’ in the health world, and we would love to share with you 20 reasons why!
20 REASONS TO ADD HIBISCUS TEA TO YOUR DIET
- Has antibacterial effects on the system.
- Is high in antioxidant properties.
- Relaxes high stress levels as it is rich in flavonoids, which have antidepressant properties.
- Fortifies and strengthens the immune system with natural vitamin C.
- Very useful for colds and flu and all ailments requiring a boost of the immune system.
- Can play a role in weight loss, due to its diuretic properties.
- Can help stave off cravings!
- Effective at decreasing bad blood cholesterols…
- …as well as increasing the level of good cholesterols!
- Great for bladder infections, preventing bacteria that cause UTIs from adhering to the linings of the urinary tract and bladder wall.
- Has a good effect on lowering high blood pressure (for those with low BP, it is to be avoided).
- Excellent for liver health due to its detoxifying enzymes.
- … and also for kidney health, as it can prevent calcium oxalate crystals from turning into kidney stones.
- Maintains blood sugar levels, and thus helps to prevent diabetes.
- Good for the heart, as it can lower blood pressure.
- Lowers lipids in the blood.
- Also used to treat herpes zoster, shingles and chicken pox, which all stem from the same virus.
- Jam packed with flavor!
- Easy to make!
- Hibiscus is said to be the only flower that possesses natural Botox properties… keep your eyes on our blog, for a post about how to make a hibiscus face-pack!
CAN WE SHARE OUR HIBISCUS & CINNAMON TEA WITH YOU?
We are proud and happy to offer specially blended, tangy, fragrant Hibiscus Tea Bags with health-giving Turmeric! Hibiscus, turmeric and coconut are the star ingredients in this fruity, caffeine-free blend.
Taka Turmeric Tea’s Hibiscus & Cinnamon Tea Ingredients:
- Desiccated Coconut
- Ceylon Cinnamon
- Orange Peel
- Star Anise
- Black Pepper
THERE ARE 2 WAYS TO SERVE OUR HIBISCUS TEA:
With a fragrant sprinkle of dried hibiscus flowers, this tangy spiced tea can be served piping hot, or chilled with ice.
To make a Golden Hibiscus tea, simply soak a Taka tea bag in a cup of freshly boiled water. After a few minutes the brew is transformed – developing a deep, rose-gold colour. Add a little natural sweetener like honey, for a delightfully refreshing, hot fruity drink. As an added surprise, a burst of tingling spice quickly follows the mouth-watering fruity flavours.
Alternatively, use a few teabags to brew a pot of tea. Leave to cool, then chill in the fridge. Serve over ice to wow your friends with this tangy refresher on a hot afternoon!
POUR YOURSELF SOME HEALING, DELICIOUS HIBISCUS TEA!
Click to visit our online tea shop for Taka Turmeric Hibiscus and Cinnamon Tea as well as our other delicious, 100% organic, ethically sourced, sugar-free, vegan teas.
To your vibrant health!
The Taka Tea(m)
- Be aware of the blood pressure lowering benefits of Hibiscus!
- Are you on any prescription medications? Before adding something new to your diet for medicinal purposes, make sure to check with your Physician for possible counter-effects.