There are 2 things we can all agree on: health is everything, and time is precious. So we wanted to chat a bit about GOLDEN PASTE, because that gives us plenty of both. A health giving elixir that is quick and easy to make, and quick and easy to take.
Taking turmeric is a crazy-effective way of reducing inflammation, and inflammation is the primary cause of dis-ease in the body. So having turmeric regularly, no matter what your age or stage of health, can only be a good thing!
Here is a simple recipe to help you have Turmeric at hand. A bit of this daily (you do not need more than 1 teaspoon per day), can help repair and prevent a multitude of ailments for yourself, your family, and even your pets!
GOLDEN PASTE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup ground turmeric
- 1 cup water (and keep 1 cup of water extra in reserve, if needed)
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (use raw, unrefined, cold-pressed). You can also swop this out for linseed oil or virgin olive oil if you prefer.
Turmeric is incredibly effective on its own, but sometimes we would like a little delicious variety, so we can always add other yummies like cinnamon and ginger. These also can really add to the efficacy. So you could add:
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated. Fresh ginger is generally easy to find, but you can also use a ground ginger instead.
GOLDEN PASTE RECIPE:
- Using a small saucepan, bring the turmeric and water to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until you have a thick paste.
- Gently stir for around 10 minutes.
- If needed, slowly add the extra water.
- Remove from heat BEFORE adding pepper and oil - allow to cool first
- Stir in well to mix the oil thoroughly
- Allow to cool again (if coconut oil is hard, it should melt in the mixture).
This will leave you with about one cup of Golden Paste. Bottle it in a clean jar with a tight-fitting lid and keep in fridge. It should last up to 2 weeks, during which time we encourage you to take it regularly!
DOSE: Start with 1/4 of a teaspoon, twice a day (with food and water), and build up to 3 - 4 times a day. It is most effective when taken in smaller ‘doses’, 3-4 times daily.
DIFFERENT WAYS TO TAKE YOUR GOLDEN PASTE:
- Wash down ½ teaspoon with a little water (if you’re in a hurry, this is a simple way to get your daily quota).
- Adding some raw honey enhances the health benefits AND makes it very pleasant to the taste. Just mix in a small amount!
- Stir ½ teaspoon into yogurt, with a drizzle of nuts and a drop of honey.
- Add to warm or cold milk. You can also use almond or coconut milk.
- Mix ½ teaspoon into your morning smoothie
- Mix a small amount into a nut butter.
- Add to meat dishes, soups, stir fries, etc.
- Mix with plain yogurt and use as dips and toppings!
OTHER WAYS TO GET YOUR DAILY DOSE OF TURMERIC:
And we also have the utmost in deliciousness, bringing you turmeric in a range of 100% organic teas. Just click here for our online tea shop. And you can find our ready mixed Turmeric & Piperine (Black Pepper Extract) Capsules by clicking here!
ALL PRODUCTS CURRENTLY 30% OFF!
USE THE CODE HOLIDAYHEALTH
To your health and beauty!
The Taka Tea(m)
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
- Over-use of turmeric may result in diarrhea and upset stomach. Do not take more than 1 teaspoon daily.
- Are you or your pet on any prescription medications? Before adding something new to the diet for medicinal purposes, you have to check with your Physician for possible counter-effects.