DO YOU HAVE A (HOLIDAY) HANGOVER?
Aaargghhh…. you’re suffering, and you have no one to blame but yourself. And those last few sips! You feel nauseous, weak, joints are hurting, and your head is banging like crazy. Agreed, this is an all-round horror. But help is at hand. Although there are no complete cures for a hangover, there are some simple ways to undo some of the damage.
TURMERIC TO THE RESCUE!
A root cause of the dreaded hangover is inflammation, so it makes sense to embrace the healing powers of this brilliant anti-inflammatory spice! Not only does turmeric bring these anti-inflammatory effects, it also protects the liver, and is wonderfully easy to ingest.
When preparing for an evening out, make turmeric part of your routine. Have some turmeric powder, like our easy-to-take capsule. Take one before you go out, and one half-way through your party. The curcumin in turmeric will help reduce the intensity of the backlash you will face the next day, working like a sponge on your liver and stomach lining and preventing that awful nausea.
THINGS TO DO THE MORNING AFTER, TO HELP RECOVER FROM A HANGOVER
- Gurgle down a few glasses of water, to re-hydrate your body.
- Replenish the essential vitamins you have lost overnight with a multivitamin + a fat dose of Vitamin C.
- That greasy breakfast people advise is because of the oil! Now don’t think we’re crazy before you try it, but try to get some chicken soup in you. Not only does it have a ton of protein and minerals, it also has that wonderful chicken fat to sop up the alcohol.
- Allow your body and your system to rest as much as possible.
- Have an icy shower.
- If you can handle it, swap the hot and cold waters for even amounts of time.
THINGS NOT TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE A HANGOVER
- Avoid too much caffeine; it is extremely dehydrating. If you absolutely must, one small, good-quality expresso is enough.
- Avoid over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofene. They are liver-damaging, second-rate options compared to natural turmeric.
AND THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU GO OUT NEXT TIME, TO HELP PREVENT A HANGOVER 😊
- Have a cup of turmeric tea before you hit the road (and the bottle). Turmeric is a cornerstone ingredient in our full range in our online tea shop.
- Take turmeric powder BEFORE you go out.
- Make sure your stomach is lined, even if you just have a smoothie, do not drink on an empty stomach.
- Drink a cup of hot water before you go to bed, to rehydrate your system
- You could also take some activated charcoal, to help mop up the alcohol as it hits your system.
Happy holidays, All!
Health, fun, love and peace,
The Taka Tea(m)
ALL PRODUCTS 30% OFF TILL NEW YEAR!
Find our ready mixed Turmeric & Piperine (Black Pepper Extract) Capsules by clicking here.
- Over-use of turmeric may result in diarrhea and upset stomach. Do not take more than 1 teaspoon daily.
- Are you on any prescription medications? Before adding something new to the diet for medicinal purposes, you have to check with your Physician for possible counter-effects.