HOW TO TAKE TURMERIC
Turmeric is not only one of the most effective herbs for reducing inflammation and pain, it accomplishes this task with none of the side effects that come with conventional medicine. While the root itself may take some special sourcing - look for it in specialty stores, spice shops and Indian markets or shops - finding the powder is easy. I highly recommend you only use organic Turmeric.
Organically produced turmeric is more labour-intensive. Thus, organic products are usually more expensive than non-organic products, but worth the extra cost for those who value health. If you want the full benefit of turmeric’s health properties, then the only option is organic turmeric.
Curcumin, one of turmeric’s most active components, has an impressive and abundant list of health benefits. Curcumin is an effective anti-oxidant that is a great help in fighting off free radicals that damage our healthy cells and weaken our bodies, making it susceptible to countless health problems.
Certified Organic turmeric, which legally cannot be tampered with, will never have had curcumin removed from it, and will always have the full amount of curcumin intact: on average 3 - 5 %.
Read all about the importance of making sure that organic actually means organic, by clicking here.
HOW DO YOU TAKE YOUR TURMERIC?
At Taka we get all the turmeric needed for our daily dose of golden, glowing health from numerous sources:
- Our teas, of course!
- Our easy-to-pop capsules.
- Making Golden Paste.
- Cooking it into different dishes, click here for some of our scrumptious recipes
- Especially delicious curries!
- Sprinkling organic turmeric powder into scrambles or other egg dishes like frittatas.
- Placing some finely cut up fresh turmeric root in the pan with roasting veggies.
- Adding 1/2 teaspoon of powder into the rice as it is cooking. (Adding a handful of raisins as well!)
- Adding a dash into a smoothie for vibrant color as well as those glorious medicinal properties it brings.
- How do you take yours? Please leave a comment!
DIFFERENT WAYS TO TAKE YOUR GOLDEN PASTE
If you are in a hurry, you can get your daily quota by just drinking down ½ teaspoon with a little water. Otherwise, it really is worth investing a little time, with the following tips from our post on making your own Golden Paste, in just a few easy steps.
For extra deliciousness you can also try the following:
- Adding some raw honey enhances the health benefits AND makes it very pleasant to the taste. Just mix in a small amount!
- Stir ½ teaspoon into yogurt, with a drizzle of nuts and a drop of honey.
- Add to warm or cold milk. You can also use almond or coconut milk.
- Mix ½ teaspoon into your morning smoothie
- Mix a small amount into a nut butter.
- Add to meat dishes, soups, stir fries, etc.
- Mix with plain yogurt and use as dips and toppings.
For directions on making Golden Paste, read our full article here
HOW TO TAKE YOUR TURMERIC IN HOME-MADE TEA
- Boil your water.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of thinly sliced or grated fresh turmeric, or powdered turmeric.
- Let this steep or simmer on a very low heat, for approximately 10 minutes.
- Strain your turmeric tea and let it cool till it is to your liking.
OR TAKE IT IN EASY, DELICIOUS TEA BAGS!
CURRENT TURMERIC TEA SPECIAL:
GREAT TASTE AWARD-WINNING HIBISCUS CINNAMON .
Hibiscus tea is very useful for colds and flu and all ailments requiring a boost of the immune system. This is due to its high vitamin C content and certain flavonoids and antioxidants called anthocyanins. These are also what give Hibiscus its vibrant red colour.
It has been found to have such a good effect on high blood pressure that it is advised to be used with caution for those on conventional blood pressure medicine, for the danger of lowering blood pressure too much. A daily consumption of 3 servings of hibiscus tea, an amount readily incorporated into the diet, effectively lowered BP in pre- and mildly hypertensive adults.
FOR THE PRICE OF 1!
HOW MUCH TURMERIC SHOULD I CONSUME DAILY?
Turmeric is a food source so it only stays in your system for 4 to 8 hours and this varies depending on the metabolism of each person. When taking turmeric for curative reasons we recommend taking small amounts frequently throughout the day for best results.
Everybody reacts differently to natural remedies, so the daily turmeric dosage will be different from one person to the next. An intake of 1 – 3g (1000 – 3000mg) of dried turmeric root powder per day is the standard dose. Although turmeric is very safe and 4-6 grams a day can be easily taken without any issues. Of course if you are new to turmeric start slow and then reach this quantity.
I hope this post gives you great ideas to get some of that healing, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, immune-system-boosting Turmeric into your diet easily and effectively.
May you and your loved ones be healthy and happy during this time, and stay sanitized and safe.
OUR OTHER TURMERIC PRODUCTS
• Masala Chai
• Rooibos Vanilla
• Ginger Lemon (Great Taste Award, 2 Stars)
• Turmeric and Black Pepper capsules.
We love to connect with you on social media - please follow us on the links below. And while you're there, please send a DM so we can check you out as well!
Please note that using any natural products in excess requires a discussion with your doctor first.
Article credit : Taka Turmeric Tea