Introducing Our Organic Rooibos Honeybush Tea
We are feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed! So excited to share our new tea blend with you. Due to the world-wide vanilla shortage, we decided to re-boot our beloved Rooibos Vanilla Turmeric blend, into a Rooibos Honeybush Turmeric tea blend.
It is our version of taking life’s lemons and making lemonade, but the tea version. And we are thrilled with the results!
Our new Organic Rooibos Honeybush Tea is a deliciously delicate, soul-soothing, caffeine-free turmeric tea that will bring you comfort any time of the day. We heaped in generous amounts of precious ingredients for a full flavour. The fragrant blend, created with Ayurvedic Pitta Dosha principles, comes in 15 individually sealed turmeric, rooibos, honeybush & spice tea bags. And check out the tea-licious ingredients!
Organic Rooibos Honeybush Tea Blend Ingredients
• Ceylon Cinnamon
• Grated Coconut
• Black Pepper
The Benefits of Honeybush
Honeybush grows naturally throughout South Africa – particularly the Western Cape – where it’s been used for centuries by indigenous populations. It is a close relative to Rooibos, although is has a more delicate flavour of subtle-sweet floral and undertones of soft wood and honey.
Honeybush has no known side-effects, and is packed with anitoxidants. It also contains trace amounts of the minerals Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper, Zinc, Manganese and Sodium.
Some of it's top benefits are:
1. Honeybush tea is completely caffeine-free.
2. Honeybush has been credited as a wonderful anti-inflammatory.
3. Honeybush contains an expectorant – this help to create secretion of saliva and mucus, giving it the ability to relieve coughs.
4. Honeybush extract has been known to improve skin elasticity, wrinkles, and protect against aging.
5. Honeybush is often used to give relief from menopausal symptoms.
The Benefits of Rooibos
The Red Bush, or Rooibos, has scientifically-proven health benefits. It is rich in polyphenols, and these are invaluable in helping to fight colds and infections and boosting that immune system. What are polyphenols? They are microscopic antioxidants that are anti-inflammatory and antiviral. Seriously, a brilliant plant!
Rooibos is a delectably different South African tea bush that has taken the world by storm. Also known as Redbush, the rooibos shrub (Aspalathus linearis) only thrives on the lower slopes of the Cederberg mountains, to the north of Cape Town.
The best rooibos tea has a rich, copper colour and a mildly sweet, earthy flavour. Rooibos pairs well with almost any ingredient to create incredibly satisfying and moreish taste combinations.
Rooibos is a naturally caffeine-free tea that’s ideal for evening drinking.
Some of the top benefits are:
1. Rooibos is considered very safe, with no side effects.
2. Rooibos has anti inflammatory properties.
3. Rooibos has high level of antioxidants, so vital for your health as they stop free radicals from damaging cells in the body
4. Rooibos contains magnesium, essential for the nervous system, calcium and manganese for strong teeth and bones, zinc for metabolism and immune system, and iron that is critical for helping blood and muscles get oxygen to all the cells that need it.
5. Rooibos tea has less than half the tannins of black tea, and actively helps the body to absorb iron.
Click to read many more in our post on Rooibos, here.
More About Our Organic Rooibos Honeybush Tea
We used a delicately fragrant rooibos tea blended with the mild sweetness of honeybush, bringing you comfort any time of the day. With a little black pepper and coconut, to activate and absorb the goodness of turmeric. Just add hot water and sweeten to taste. It has a high dose Turmeric, boasting 1000mg (1g) of organic Indian turmeric per tea bag. It is a caffeine-free treat that’s great for mornings, daytime or evenings. This blend contains Black Pepper and Coconut to help curcumin absorption. And it has NO added flavourings – and no need for them!
These luxurious Taka Turmeric Rooibos Honeybush Tea Bags aren’t just for connoisseurs! Generous measures of golden turmeric and coconut activate the Ayurvedic properties of this organic rooibos tea. Our Rooibos Honeybush recipe also contains an exquisitely crafted cocktail of exotic eastern spices. The warming spice adds layers of complexity to this delicious caffeine-free blend.
When simply brewed with piping hot water, our Rooibos Honeybush blend steams in the cup with fragrant, earthy spices. Along with creamy coconut, aftertastes of cinnamon and honeybush tantalise the taste buds. Rooibos fans will appreciate the superior flavour of the top-quality organic redbush used to produce this blend. Redbush and turmeric together are a match made in heaven, with the turmeric adding a silky smoothness to this caffeine-free refresher.
We Are An Eco Tea-Co 😊
• Eco-friendly Carton: Made in the UK from sustainable sources and printed with vegetable ink. Fully recyclable with paper recycling.
• Tea Envelope: Recyclable Envelope made from Maxibio paper to retain freshness. These envelopes are fully recyclable with paper recycling.
• Tea Bag: Plastic-free, and made from unbleached filter paper. Stitched with organic cotton string.
We hope you try this bushtastic tea treat… and let us know what you think of it.
Top Tip: for the ultimate turmeric bedtime drink, try adding our Roobios Honeybush tea bags to a pan of hot coconut milk!
Our 100% Natural & Organic, Richly Flavorful Tea Blends
IMPORTANT NOTE: Are you on any prescription medications? Before adding something new to your diet for medicinal purposes, make sure to check with your Physician .
We love to connect with you on social media - please follow us on the links below. And while you're there, please send a DM so we can check you out as well!
Article credit : Taka Turmeric Tea