The Bountiful Benefits of Chai Tea For Stomach Health
Generally, people drink tea to relax, or to invigorate. We drink it to ease solitude, and we drink it with beloved company. But beyond being the most delicious drink to lift us up or calm us down, no matter who we are with, tea is also GOOD FOR YOU, and Chai tea is up there with the very goodest of them lol.
Most often brewed with both milk and water, this awesome beverage has healing power. Listen to the research and learn what happens to your body when you drink chai tea regularly.
Firstly, a little introduction to this awesome, historical tea blend. According to Sacred Cow Chai: “The folklore surrounding Chai dates back to between 5000 and 9000 years ago to an ancient royal court – either India or Siam. It was said that the reigning king created the recipe as a healing Ayurvedic beverage.” Click here to read more.
For centuries chai has been touted for its health benefits, from Chinese medicine to Ayurvedic medicine. While chai is prepared differently in various parts of the world, we lean towards the authentic, Indian chai tea. This includes a robust and tantalizing blend of spices, herbs and tea. And guess what? Each of these ingredients is prop-full of life-enhancing benefits… let us dive into them now!
What Is Chai Made Of?
Black tea and spice, and all things nice! Ours contains:
• Black Tea Nam Lanh
• Ceylon Cinnamon
• Black Pepper
And every one of these ingredients has wonderfully healing properties… so use them for what they can do for you, AS WELL as the amazing taste!
Chai For Your Stomach Health!
Indigestion is a pain in the gut, right?! And this is where chai tea comes in. Here are our TOP 10 REASONS why Chai is such a brilliant aid for all kinds of stomach ailments -
1. Black tea has been known to improve general gut health.
2. Black tea is also a powerful antioxidant – very helpful to digestion as this neutralizes free radicals which helps the body to cope with oxidative stress
3. Fennel is brilliant for constipation, bloating and indigestion
4. Cinnamon, cloves and cardamom ALL have antibacterial properties that can assist with digestive issues caused by bacterial infections.
5. Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties – a necessary aid when digesting!
6. Heartburn? Say goodbye! When you eat cardamom, you will feel sweet relief from that horrid little fire.
7. Cloves are known to reduce stomach ulcers.
8. And so is turmeric! Turmeric is anti-inflammatory and antibiotic, it is antiseptic, and speeds wound healing and therefore a great ally in the fight to keep ulcers at bay.
9. Turmeric also aids metabolism and support weight management – both are issues that begin in the stomach.
10. Black pepper brings the benefits of being high in antioxidants and bringing those great anti-inflammatory properties
Get Your Daily Dose of Goodness With Our Masala Chai!
Current Turmeric Tea Special:
Our Crazy-Delicious Masala Chai!
When steeped in freshly boiled water, our Masala Chai tea bags produce a silk-smooth, aromatic brew with a dark golden colour.
The spicing is subtle and complex, with desiccated coconut providing a hint of creamy sweetness.
With or without milk, Taka Masala Chai is superb as a refreshing daytime pick-me-up.
FOR THE PRICE OF 1!
Of course, when using any herbal help, always be aware of the rest of your lifestyle choices - sometimes stomach ailments come from stress, or from something you may be eating that you have no idea is disagreeing with you. It is always good to look at the entirety of your diet, and of the daily occurrences and routines.
One thing for sure - health is an inside job!
Thank you for reading, and for being part of the movement towards natural health... one one teabag at a time :).
The Rest Of Our Natural, Organic, Flavorful Tea Blends
Please note that using any natural products in excess requires a discussion with your doctor first.
We love to connect with you on social media - please follow us on the links below. And while you're there, please send a DM so we can check you out as well!
Article credit : Taka Turmeric Tea