TURMERIC IS A PET HEALTH BOOSTER!
Many of us have learned the importance and love of family, whether it be our immediate family or our extended one… meaning our furry kids!
Those of us who are animal lovers know how much our dear pets take priority in our hearts and homes, becoming beloved family members.
One thing that some animal lovers have in common, is that we treat our pets like we treat ourselves. Most of the time, this is a good thing! We eat good organic foods, get enough rest, keep ourselves hydrated, and stay active with exercise. It’s the same with our animals. We feed them the best food we can, we allow them room to play and run outside, we give them fresh water, and a warm cozy place to sleep.
Many pet owners use what are considered alternative methods for keeping their animals healthy and free from bugs instead of using medicinal treatments that carry negative side effects and allergy- triggers. And sometimes, we even give our pets some of the same foods that we take for healing or preventative purposes.
4 BRILLIANT NATURAL PET-HEALTH TIPS
- Adding Brewer’s Yeast to your dog or cat’s food to prevent fleas
- Adding Coconut Oil to your pet’s food to help their coat and skin
- Spraying Chamomile Tea onto skin rashes for itching
- Using natural supplements for joint health in older animals
Yay, all of that is wonderful… and wait, there’s more! There is another all-natural and organic addition that you can make to your pets’ diets, which you may not have thought of yet - Turmeric!
TURMERIC IS THE GOLDEN HEALTH KEY FOR YOUR PETS!
All of the brilliant benefits Turmeric brings to you, it can do for your furry friends. This is exciting news because the word on Turmeric has gone viral as being one of the most important and beneficial natural superfoods that reduces inflammation, eases pain and boosts brain function, with NO side effects!
There are thousands of studies showing the benefits of Turmeric in humans, which is why its popularity is increasing so fast. As lovers of natural health, we also have started applying this holistic approach towards health and healing to our animals’ well being too.
HOW DOES TURMERIC BENEFIT OUR 4-LEGGED FRIENDS?
One of the foremost authorities in using Turmeric for our pets is Dr. Doug English, an Australian Vet who has been researching and using Turmeric with all kinds of animals for many years. We love this man!
For years, he has been using Turmeric in animals for conditions such as:
- Arthritis and Inflammation
- Itchy skin
- Age Degenerative Issues
This list sounds a lot like the list of how Turmeric benefits us humans as well, doesn’t it!? The wonderful thing is that Turmeric is great for all kinds of animals, not just dogs or cats. Dr. English has had success with Turmeric in horses, goats, cattle, sheep, ducks and chickens, pigs, rabbits, dogs and cats, and even…crocodiles! <--- wow! Talk about a happy Croc!
WHAT KIND OF PET AILMENTS CAN I USE TURMERIC FOR?
- Turmeric relives arthritis pain and inflammation in all animals, allowing for easier and greater mobility.
- Turmeric has been very beneficial in older animals with age-related Dementia by increasing their ability to remain physically active and engaged with their environment longer.
- Tumours have responded well in many different animals to the addition of Turmeric in their diet.
- It is beneficial in curing “kennel cough” and other types of breathing disorders in dogs and other animals.
And horse lovers will love this next list!
- Notably, Sarcoid Cancers in Horses have been eliminated through feeding and topical usage of Turmeric.
- Hoof health in Horses is greatly increased by using Turmeric, as it has been shown to alleviate pain and infection of the hoof, as well as instigate a faster growth and recovery from injury.
- It is beneficial for preventing and curing Uveitis in horses, one of the leading causes of blindness in our equine friends.
- Turmeric helps ease the itch in Horses caused by “Queensland Itch” as well as soothing and healing skin infections. Coats also brow better and appear shinier.
Look out for our upcoming blog, for the best ways to get heal your beloved fur-babies with turmeric!
Click our online tea shop for delicious, 100% organic, ethically sourced, sugar-free, vegan teas and blends. And you can also get our Turmeric Capsule, if you need something to pop when you are on the go, or for an easy way to dose your pet: just sprinkle onto their food! (Talia, is this correct advice? And does one need to put coco oil with the wet pet food – surely one must do so with dry food, right?)
To you, your family, and your fur-family’s purrfect health!
The Taka Turmeric Tea(m)
Read more about Dr Doug’s fantastic work by clicking here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Are you or your pet on any prescription medications? Before adding something new to your diet for medicinal purposes, you have to check with your Physician for possible counter-effects.