We heart Chai!
And here is why…
Firstly, the subtle blend of exotic spices, coconut, turmeric and black pepper, is utterly delicious. Secondly, it comes with all the benefits of an authentic Indian Ayurvedic tea.
Chai (a word meaning, quite simply, ‘tea’) is created with some herbs that are incredibly medicinally active, delivering a wonderful range of health benefits with every cup. So we thought we would break it down and illustrate for you just a few of the benefits you get from each separate ingredient.
These are the ingredients packed into our own Masala Chai Tea.
- BLACK TEA NAM LANH
- CEYLON CINNAMON
- DESICCATED COCONUT
- BLACK PEPPER
The spicing is subtle and complex, and utterly delicious. But isn’t it amazing that all those tastes also bring unique healing properties? So lets get cracking to see what they are!
TURMERIC IS THE NUMBER ONE INGREDIENT IN CHAI TEA
- TURMERIC is literally THE ROOT of all our Turmeric Tea blends.Why? We cannot stop counting the ways, because this amazing super-root has a seemingly endless list of benefits, including:
- Turmeric is an antioxidant
- Turmeric aids metabolism & supports weight management
- Turmeric is anti-inflammatory & antibiotic
- Turmeric is antiseptic
- Turmeric aids arthritis
- Turmeric helps heal stomach ulcers
- Turmeric soothes coughs & asthma
- Turmeric gives you glowing skin
- Turmeric lowers cholesterol
- Turmeric speeds wound healing
Ok that wasn’t a short list but Turmeric is our passion so we wanted to share why. 😊
BLACK TEA BENEFITS
- Has Antioxidant Properties
- Can Improve Gut Health
- Can Lower Blood Sugar Levels
- Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Can Improve Sensitivity to the Hormone Insulin.
- Lowers Blood Sugar Levels.
Coconut, besides being filling, fiber-filled and delicious, also gives you the following:
- vitamin B6
- Can be used for its Diuretic Properties
- Can Help with Digestive Problems
- Can help against Bad Breath and Prevent Cavities
- Can Reduce Water Retention
- Brilliant for Constipation, bloating and Indigestion
- Helps to Purify the Blood:
BLACK PEPPER BENEFITS:
- High in antioxidants
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Can lower cholesterol levels
- Can kill bacteria. ...
- Can promote bone health. ...
- Can reduce stomach ulcers.
So now you know at least half the story!
Are you longing for a cuppa chai right now? Try ours! Our Chai tea bags are a deliciously easy alternative to making your own Chai from scratch. When steeped in freshly boiled water, they produce a silk-smooth, aromatic brew with a dark golden colour. With or without milk, our Masala Chai is superb as a refreshing daytime pick-me-up.
Totally organic and individually sealed, these tea bags are the quick, convenient way to enjoy this traditional Indian treat. Grab yours right here!
We raise a mug of chai, to your vibrant health!
The Taka Tea(m)
PLEASE NOTE: Taking any prescription medications? Before adding something new to your diet for medicinal purposes, do check with your Physician for possible counter-effects.